8.03.2006

thank you

I recieved a letter in the mail tonight from Gap Inc. Even though I had left the company over a year ago, they still feel the need to send me things.

But something was different about this letter. I actually read it for once, and it brought good news. For some unknown reason ("I don't get half the things you do," says Mollie), I didn't cash a check that was issued back in July 2004. I can't remember what I did last week, so trying to remember where I was at in July in 2004 was tricky. But I was at Banana and First Data (I think). I was crazy and worked two jobs. Thank God I don't do that anymore...but we should say 'never say never.'

I would just like to thank you Gap Inc, for reminding me you still owed me money. It was a nice gift after paying me crap wages and splitting me and Mollie up (hide-in-the-corner-and-hide-from-greg-dance) when we would socialize a bit too much. Although, if they found out some of the things that happened (in the fitting room), I'm sure they could have fired me. Nope, I'm pretty sure they would have fired me.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

They weren't just being kind, they can not have uncashed checks.

At my work we are always amazed when people forget something like this.

Even better, when they find out they are getting a new one - they find the other one by some miracle and cash both.

And then we have more problems ...

molly said...

OH LORD IF THEY ONLY KNEW...my favorite thing was when you described sexual position to all the straight woman...and they wouldn't get where such-and-such arm/leg/etc went...

SO...I would volunteer to throw my leg over my head while you explained to them how "it" all worked. The best was when you would say, "Girl...you are too far away!" and then proceed to drag me across the wooden floor. It always made my fro static-y!

We truly have no shame...