8.22.2007

first day


Today was Gavin's first day of preschool and Ellerie's second da of kindergarten. He seemed thrilled. She seemed like she was going to have a meltdown.

I will always remember the first day riding the bus. It was taking us to a different school in a different city. A city where there would be new people. As you learn after time, new people are good to meet. New cities are fun to visit. Things aren't ever as bad as we think of them. In time, Ellerie will not cry at bus stops, but she will move on to worrying about how good her jeans look with that shirt.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww!

I can't wait to hear how it went :)

Katie said...

I remember my first day of preschool. One kid was screaming bloody murder because he didn't want his mom to leave.


I was more concerned about when we would get a snack.

Bryan said...

so so cute!