9.25.2006

red's style secrets

WHAT'S IN YOUR CAPSULE WARDROBE?

Shoes are my passion: Pollini, Kurt Geiger, sleek boots by Sergio Rossi. Even if everything else is downplayed, I'll wear good shoes.

When I need to feel strong, I wear Hussein Chalayan; Viktor & Rolf for classic, sharp separates; and Robert Carey Williams when I am feeling hardcore.




IF YOU WANT TO LOOK GLAMOROUS, WHICH DESIGNER DO YOU RELY ON AND WHY?

To me glamour isn't about being sparkly. We are the real canvases, what's inside us; clothes are just our watercolours. But if I had to choose one brand it would be Viktor & Rolf because it is understated and has such intelligence behind it.


WHAT BRAND OF BAG ARE YOU TOTING AT THE MOMENT?

A sky-blue, woven leather Bottega Veneta. Because I have red hair, the colour goes well.

I never bargain-buy shoes or bags: it's always Pollini or a Bottega. And I can't get into the sheep mentality of fashion. If everyone is being seen with an 'It' bag, it's not the 'It' bag for me. I prefer to own a classic or something really new.


DO YOU HAVE A STYLE ICON?

Jackie Onassis. She could wear a T-shirt and it could have the effect of an evening gown.


To read the entire article, go to the Daily Mail.



2 comments:

molly said...

the last picture is my ALLTIME favorite...the best

nancy said...

great post!