6.03.2008

find me a trail

Every time I think about mentioning the price of gas, I think of Molly shaking her head at me, "You sound like you're 80 years-old when you say things like that!"

But it's true. I love my car and I wouldn't trade Alice for anything. I have considered riding my bike to work. By my bike I mean the one I would have to purchase to get my ass to work. With living in my new dig, I haven't calculated how long it would take to get from point A to point B.

That main issue aside, here are other things that would arise from peddling to work:

-I sweat at the drop of a dime. I would most likely start pitting out by just getting on the bike.

-So I sweat, now where do I shower? Some know from not having AC in my car, Mary, for so many years that I definitely need to freshen up when I get to where I'm going. First Data doesn't have showers or really a place to change besides the bathroom.

-There are no good bike trails around my house. The closest trail is Lake Zarinsky and even that isn't very convenient. The nearest trail would be on 156th and Maple and that would involve me driving somewhere just to ride my bike.

Maybe these sound like excuses not to ride. Maybe I need to not bitch as much? All I know is, gas is expensive.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've been checking Craigslist for bikes.

And um... did I miss something? New dig? You and I need to have a little happy hour time.