1.30.2008

baby food

Heather posted this on her blog, I've been to lazy to write anything so here is something she wrote about our evening awhile ago.

------------

Tonight, I met Jimmy for dinner.

Upon meeting in the crowded lobby of one our long time haunts, we both started blabbing away.
Him about being tired and working too much, me about being tired ... of being tired.

After realizing there was no where to sit actually IN the lobby, we made our way to the bar hoping to find 2 open seats. No such luck.

It was then, after we turned around again to face the lobby, did we come face to face to what can only be described as an uncomfortable situation. A woman was breastfeeding her toddler a mere 5 ft in front of us - if that.

Now, to be clear, I don't have a huge problem with breastfeeding in public. But at that particular second, after a long, stressful day at work - the last thing I want to be confronted with is a stranger's boob in the middle of a crowded Olive Garden.

Just as I turned to Jimmy to give him "the eyes," he said something beautiful: "Hey the thingy is going off!"

As we walked away I asked if he caught sight of the little miracle taking place before us. In true Jimmy fashion, he summed it up best - "Hey, we all gotta eat."

-------------

Now, my take on public breast feeding is that I don't want to see it. I know it's natural and everything, but at the same time, me taking a shit is also natural. Do you see me taking craps in the waiting area of Olive Garden? I didn't think so.

No comments: