10.08.2007

rocket man

Saturday evening I took my mom on a date to see Elton John. Even though I live at home I never spend any time with her. So I thought this would be perfect.

After parking we herded ourselves with thousands of others up the stairs to scan our tickets. As we walked past the gates I made awkward eye contact with two men who were standing and staring. As we walk past them, they stop us.

"Are you guys big Elton fans?"
"Umm...YEAH!"
"Is this your sister?"
"Oh yeah right!" (Jan)
"Where are your seats?"
"Somewhere behind the stage."
"Is that the best you could do?"
Baffled as to how to respond, "I guess?"
"Well how would you like two front row tickets!?"
"SHUT UP!"

It was pretty amazing. I wasn't sure if I should believe the men or not. We made our way to the bottom of the arena and to the front. Never have I had such great tickets to a concert before (Little Brazil, Art In Manila and Margot excluded). He came out a little past 8 with Funeral For A Friend. Just beautiful. I was still in awe with the seats and couldn't believe he was only 12 paces away from me.


My favorite past of the show was during Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Rocket Man (which had a rockin' jam session in the middle of it and lasted over 10 minutes) and Daniel. All three in a row and three of my favorites. Those songs to me tug on my heart strings for different reasons. He dedicated Tiny Dancer to all the ladies in the audience and did the original Candle In The Wind.

The last six songs or so he waved to the front rows to come closer to the stage - you didn't have to ask us twice. He came back for one encore - and took time to sign things for people for about 10 minutes or so. I got a ticket stub signed. Yes, I felt like a 14-year old-girl at a Justin Timberlake concert. He ended with Your Song. AMAZING!


Thank you to the men who gave us the front row tickets. I never caught his name, but he was Elton's personal flight attendant.

After he left the stage, he hopped in a car that was waiting for him and took him away. I left one happy fella.

*Thanks to Gina for the photos.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hey - thanks for NO photo credit ;)

Katie said...

That's AMAZING! I wanted to go to that show so bad! Lucky boy!

Unknown said...

buy kamagra gold online is a medication for erectile dysfunction. It operates by enabling blood flow to the penis by inhibiting an enzyme that causes an erection to deflate. It can make your erection seem firmer and therefore bigger. But it won't improve the size of your penis permanently.