4.28.2008

dream on


The past few nights I've had uncountable dreams. Some good. Some bad. Most are random, but I think every dream has a purpose - what that purpose is, we usually never understand. Two nights ago I had nightmares that would wake me every hour or so. Last night I had dreams that would wake me, but these were more energy-enduced. I felt as if I was doing so much in my dream that I would wake from sleep. One thing that sticks out from my dream last night was jellyfish. I can't recall ever dreaming of these squishy creatures. I find them fascinating, but they don't really hold much value in my life. In the dream they were in the ocean, two of them, and about 10 that were on the shore dead. There was a small boy in the water near them and I called him in so he wouldn't get stung. Now, these were crazy looking jellyfish - they seem to spit at me, have fangs and spit at me. I noticed that when I woke up from it, I was upset. Anyways, wondering what this meant, I looked them up...
Jellyfish
To see a jellyfish in your dream, represents painful memories that is emerging from your unconscious. There may be hidden hostility or aggression in some aspect of your waking relationship or situation. Alternatively, it may indicate feelings of inadequacy and a lack of self-esteem. Perhaps there is some situation in which you are unable to assert yourself.

I've never thought of myself having low self-esteem or any of that mess. But lately I've realized, I don't have many qualities that I find to be amazing or spectacular. I don't have any special talents or gifts. I'm not trying to say woe is me, but I want to find my passion or my something in this life that I can do extraordinary. Maybe soon it will come. Until then, maybe I'll just keep dreaming of jellyfish.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Not everyone is extraordinary because of what they can do or what they have, but rather how they live their lives and make others feel. I think you are an extraordinary person even if you can't jump rope, roller skate and tap dance all at the same time.